Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today's Wedneday

Yesterday was the DAY.

Fell asleep before 7:00AM (Teresa gave me a couple pills to "relax" in addition to acid-gas reflux(?) pill plus another of something. Diana says she talked to me as I was falling asleep, AND I don't remember talking to her.

Means that I don't remember ANYTHING between 7 in the morning to 7 Tuesday night when I know I woke up and knew that I did NOT DIE. Good Stuff! People are praying for me from the East Coast to the West Coast and who knows from elsewhere.

I know that I did not die for real becuse the book did not fall out of Norine's bookcase.

I don't remember:

- having IV put into right wrist and left neck .but do know that the two were removed by Maria.

- a tube put my pee-pee to collect my pee but know that Vicky pulled it out after telling me, "take a deep breath!" It hurt!. It also hurts when I pee.

- anything about the operation itself - the evidence I have is pain in chest that hurts when I breath and cough, two tubes coming out of my chest draining bloody fluid and gas, and a BIG bandage on my right leg where Vicky says they took a vein for bypass graft.

I think I had the operation.

I was moved from the ICU to "intermediate" care room because I am doing "well." I feel like I got hit by a bus, hurting all over, can't breathe or cough without pain and discomfort.

I am "doing well" because I can talk and sat upright in a real chair for several hours, as well as not asking for pain meds beyond what give me without asking.

Tomorrow they say that they are going to make me WALK with all these tubes wires hanging off me.

I am in Room 5781 with phone number 323-783-5781, visiting hours 8AM to 8PM with age limit and no colds/influenza.

Sent from my Peek

No comments: