Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Stifling" - Why I Do It?

I previously wrote that I was writing this blog for my health. The full article on "stifling" can be found here.

Like all good husbands in the world, I listen to my wife.

She told me not to COMPLAIN, i.e., say something is the not right more than once. She does not want it repeated.

So I did not say anything when my health was deteriorating - that would be complaining, as my health was deteriorating over more than one day and the complaint would have been "repeated".

I did not say anything about my situation at Northrop Grumman - that would be complaining, as it was a continuous situation over many months and thus "repeated".

I was doing my best not to complain, me being the good husband who listens to his wife who does not want to hear repeated complaints from her husband.

OF COURSE, she tells me that I am STUPID because I did not do what employees at the Bank of America do in situations that they do not like - go on "disability" and still be paid for not working because of poor health and bad work conditions.

I am not of the high moral fiber as that of the typical Bank of America employee. Ken Lewis is an excellent example of a Bank of America employee.

The woman does NOT want to hear me complain.

As I am not a "manly man", I am prone to complaining - pissing and moaning like a woman, I guess.

My wife Lily tells me that I am "too sensitive", and that I should be more like her friend's husband, Addison (cute name).

When Susan tells Addison that he is "totally worthless", Addison (it is reported), will just "laugh it off" like a manly man.

"Ha! Ha! Hah! What, Woman?! You call me TOTALLY WORTHLESS?! Ha! Ha! Hah!"

I, Michael Jue, am not a "manly man" as Addison, and am NOT able to "laugh it off" as he does.

My COMPLAINT was that I didn't like being told that I was "totally worthless" by my wife. I just don't like it. I am too "sensitive".

Of course, she is TOTALLY JUSTIFIED, as I do not give her enough money, and what little money I give her, it is not given fast enough. Thus, I am "totally worthless" to my wife, Lily.

Another time, I was complaining that the air conditioning was not turned high enough in the car while travelling to San Francisco in the San Joaquin valley heat one summer. As the girls and she get cold more easily than I get hot, her solution to my complaint was a single word, "SUFFER!"

I have learned not to complain.


Disclaimer: SORRY - This is only what I know from my point of view. No lies, just what I see as the truth.

1 comment:

djue said...

Hi Dad,

First, this blog entry is inappropriate. Know that it is not okay to sound off with your one-sided viewpoint in such a public sphere. Second, Mom has been showing so much grace to you since you've been sick, so cut her some slack and be grateful. She has been cutting you slack since you got married.

We both love you (and, given how you act, that is a miracle in itself), but we're not sure if you recognize it.

Love,
Diana