Sunday, November 15, 2009

Results of Consultation with Chief of Surgery Regarding Angiogram

Results of October 13 Angiogram

Diagnoses: (taken from report)

Aortic Valve Regurgitation

CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)

Depression

Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 W/Complications

Essential Hypertension

Anemia

Coronary Artery Disease in Native Artery

Review Committee recommended surgery to replace Aortic Valve with pig valve and procedures to improve blood flow to the heart.

Good News: Operation would have 85% probability of survival.

Bad News: If I did not have the operation, I will die within two years.

Good News: Definite NO BRAINER! I will have the operation when my Peritoneal Dialysis situtation is stabilized, my hemoglobin blood count is increased, and I am stronger.

There is concern that if I wait too long I will not tolerate the surgery.


NOTE: The kidney failure is partly due to the "Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 W/Complications"

No comments: